Zero Suicide Academy Application
Sponsoring Organization Email
All health and behavioral health systems are eligible to apply (e.g., CMHCs, integrated delivery networks, FQHCs, tribally operated 638 programs, emergency departments, integrated primary care/behavioral health, urban Indian health organizations). Applicants are to attend the Zero Suicide Academy® with a team of 3-6 individuals including the person identified as the lead for the system's Zero Suicide initiative. Recommendations for the team composition include:
» At least one senior leader/management (irrespective or discipline area). Person(s) responsible and with authority for implementation decisions (e.g., CEO, COO, Medical Doctor, CIO, ED)
» At least one person who manages your electronic health records (EHR) system, quality improvement, or risk management.
» At least one person (e.g., case manager, psychologist, social worker, nurse, other) who provides care to patients daily.
» At least one person who supervises the direct patient care.
» At least one person with lived experience.
All organizations wishing to be considered for the Zero Suicide Academy® will submit the application by the due date. The application will be reviewed by Zero Suicide Institute (ZSI); a complete application will be required including at least 3 team members selected to attend and the completed organizational self study. Applications are due by August 12, 2021.
The lead applicant will receive all correspondence and must be one of the team members.
The Zero Suicide Academy application consists of:
- A letter of commitment written by the organization’s CEO/Senior Executive Leader. The CEO/Senior Executive Leader should review and approve the submission and agree to the strategy proposed. Leadership letters of commitment to the Zero Suicide model created for other purposes are acceptable so long as they are dated within the prior 6 months.
- A narrative that, in two to four pages, responds to the following:
- Briefly describe the members of your team and the relevant skills, knowledge, and experience they bring to the Zero Suicide Academy.
- What are your team’s goals for participating in the Zero Suicide Academy™ and what does the team hope to learn during the training? Describe how you would like to apply Zero Suicide in your organization.
- What successes and/or challenges have you had with systems-change in your organization? Consider other collaborative efforts within your team and/or other quality improvement programs in your organization.
- A Zero Suicide Organizational Self-Study is to be completed by your implementation team members, along with your application. We offer two versions of the Organizational Self-Study: the General Organizational Self-Study and the Inpatient Organizational Self-Study. Organizations can choose to take one or both available Self-Studies. If you would like to review the questions before taking the survey, we offer a PDF of each version of the Self-Study. To access these resources, you will need to create an account on the Zero Suicide website. The Organizational Self-Study is due at the time of the time of application. A prior Organizational Self-Study is acceptable, as long as it was completed within the prior 12 months.
Note: Zero Suicide Implementation team members should include persons who can both champion Zero Suicide with passion and those who have some power and influence in your system. This can include clinical directors, senior clinical staff with coordination over a certain area or department, information technology, risk management or quality improvement, or person with lived experience.
Applications are due by August 12, 2021