Authorized AMSR Trainers
Join more than 300 trainers nationwide in helping behavioral health professionals feel confident navigating challenging situations and delivering the latest research-informed care to individuals at risk for suicide.
Assessing and Managing Suicide Risk (AMSR) Trainers are authorized to train behavioral health professionals in one or more curricula based on the AMSR risk formulation model. AMSR Trainers go on to administer valuable training within their organizations and are eligible to earn fees for leading trainings outside their organization.
Benefits for AMSR Trainers:
- Return to your organization ready to train staff in research-informed suicide care practices
- Eligible to earn training fees for leading AMSR trainings outside your organization
- 6.5 hours of curriculum-specific continuing education credits
Become an AMSR Trainer
To become an authorized AMSR Trainer, qualified participants first attend a Training of Trainers (ToT), where experienced AMSR Master Trainers demonstrate expert facilitation and provide new trainers with the opportunity to practice and receive feedback on key aspects of AMSR curricula. AMSR Trainers leave the ToT ready to deliver their first training.
Please review the following instructions:
- Determine if you meet the eligibility requirements
- Master's degree or higher
- Five or more years as a practicing clinician
- Currently in practice, with state-level standing
- Demonstrated facilitation skills
- Attend a Training of Trainers
- Online AMSR Trainings of Trainers are open enrollment opportunities for all qualified professionals. These opportunities are listed here. The current fee to attend online ToT is $1825 and includes both the AMSR Training and the AMSR ToT, plus manuals and shipping.
- In-person AMSR Trainings of Trainers are often scheduled by a state or specific organization for a particular audience. In special instances, spots are open for external participants. Upcoming ToT opportunities are listed here. Kindly contact us if you would like to be informed of future AMSR NLTs in your area. The current fee to attend an in-person ToT depends on the sponsor and curriculum. Attendees arrange travel, lodging, and meals.