Zero Suicide Academy
The Zero Suicide Academy® is EDC’s signature two-day training for leaders of health and behavioral health care organizations that seek to dramatically reduce suicides among patients in their care.
The Zero Suicide Academy provides Zero Suicide Implementing Teams with an invaluable opportunity to learn from Zero Suicide Institute experts, receive implementation consultation, and begin strategic planning for Zero Suicide initiatives. Members of our Zero Suicide Faculty join the Academy to provide tips from their implementation efforts and answer specific questions. Teams from a variety of organizations will have the opportunity to network with each other for future implementation support.
At the Academy, Teams are introduced to the seven elements of Zero Suicide:
- Lead system-wide culture change committed to reducing suicides
- Train a competent, confident, and caring workforce
- Identify patients with suicide risk via comprehensive screenings
- Engage all individuals at-risk of suicide using a suicide care management plan
- Treat all suicidal thoughts and behaviors using evidence-based treatments
- Transition individuals through care with warm hand-offs and supportive contacts
- Improve policies and procedures through continuous quality improvement efforts