Zero Suicide Academy Application
The Stark County Zero Suicide Academy™ is sponsored by Stark County Mental Health & Addiction Recovery.
Sponsoring Organization Email
Zero Suicide Academy™ fees, materials, and lunch will be provided by the sponsor, and are being partially funded by the SAMHSA System of Care Grant. All other costs, such as travel and lodging, are not included and must be covered by participating organizations.
The review committee will rate applications based on their merit in responding to this application. The review committee reserves the right to select participants who are representative of geographical and organizational diversity. Applications will be judged using the following criteria:
- The CEO or Director’s knowledge of and commitment to the Zero Suicide initiative.
- The feasibility of the timeline and work plan.
- The organization’s plans and expectations for embedding the Zero Suicide model into care as outlined in the www.zerosuicide.com toolkit.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration among team members.
- The incorporation of persons with lived experience in leadership and planning roles.
Organizations will demonstrate these criteria through their applications. The web form linked below consists of the following parts:
- A cover sheet, using the template provided on page 4. The lead applicant will receive all correspondence and must be one of the four team members.
- A letter of commitment written by the organization’s CEO or Director. The Director should review and approve the submission and agree to the strategy proposed.
- A narrative that, in two to four pages, responds to the following:
Briefly describe the members of your team and the relevant skills, knowledge, and experience they bring to the Zero Suicide Academy™. What are your team’s goals for participating in the Zero Suicide Academy™ and what does the team hope to learn during the training?
What successes and /or challenges have you had as a team or with other collaborative efforts?
How do you plan to successfully embed and sustain comprehensive suicide care in your organization?
An abstract describing the Zero Suicide initiative that your organization proposes to conduct. The abstract must include: aims, description of approach, implementation plan, and timeline drawing heavily from the www.zerosuicide.com toolkit.
4. A Zero Suicide Organizational Self-Study, completed by the team members. The Self-Study can be found at http://zerosuicide.sprc.org/resources/zero-suicide-organizational-self-study.
Eligibility is limited to health and behavioral healthcare organizations and hospitals. This Academy is open to organizations providing health and behavioral health care serving individuals and families that reside in Stark County. Space is limited. Applicants must come with a team of 4 individuals. Teams should include at least one senior leader from the organization as well as the person(s) responsible for implementation decisions.
Application materials should be submitted via the Zero Suicide Institute website by June 19th, 2018 at 5:00 pm EST. You will be notified via email by June 26th, 2018 about your application status.
Application released May 1st, 2018
Application due June 19th, 2018
Applicants notified of their status June 26th, 2018
Zero Suicide Academy™ conducted August 7th & 8th, 2018
Please contact Clayton Kratz, EDC, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 572-5361.