Zero Suicide Academy Application
The Oregon Zero Suicide Academy® is sponsored by the Oregon Health Authority. The deadline to apply is June 15, 2018.
Sponsoring Organization Email
Zero Suicide Academy fees and materials, as well as breakfast and lunch on September 18 and 19, will be provided by the Oregon Health Authority. Oregon Health Authority will cover costs of hotel rooms for up to four team members of participating organizations traveling more than 70 miles one-way for the nights of September 17-18. As funding allows, Oregon Health Authority will provide limited mileage scholarships based on demonstrated financial need. All other costs are not included and must be covered by participating organizations
The review committee will rate applications based on their merit in responding to this application. The review committee reserves the right to select participants who are representative of geographical and organizational diversity.
Applications will be judged using the following criteria:
- The CEO or Director’s knowledge of and commitment to the Zero Suicide initiative.
- The feasibility of the timeline and work plan.
- The organization’s plans and expectations for embedding the Zero Suicide model into care as outlined in the www.zerosuicide.com toolkit.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration among team members.
- The incorporation of persons with lived experience in leadership and planning roles.
- Commitment to participate in the Oregon Community of Practice for Better Suicide Care after the Zero Suicide Academy.
Organizations will demonstrate these criteria through their applications. The web form linked below consists of the following parts:
- About the Organization. Short demographic information about organization's type, practice transformation initiatives, and size.
- Attendees to the Academy. Name and contact information of Team Lead and up to three other attendees.
- Narrative. A 2-4 page description of organization's implementation goals and strategy for Zero Suicide initiative. Upload via PDF or Word.
- Letter of Commitment. A letter of commitment written by organization's CEO or Director endorsing the strategy. Upload via PDF or Word.
- Organizational Self-Study. Organizations are encouraged but not required to complete the Organizational Self-Study prior to applying.
Register for a free login to read more about the requirements for each part.
Click "Fill Out Form" below to be automatically redirected to the registration and login page.
Application materials should be submitted June 15, 2018, at 5:00 pm EST.
Only one representative Team Lead should submit on behalf of an organization.
Applicants may save their progress as they go until they are ready to submit. If, during the course of the application, an organization decides not to submit it is fine to leave the application as is. Incomplete applications will be deleted after the Academy is held.
- Application released - March 13, 2018
- Application due - June 15, 2018
- Applicants notified of their status - July 16, 2018
- Zero Suicide Academy® conducted - September 18-19, 2018
Please contact Jasmine Atkinson, EDC, at JAtkinson@edc.org or (202)572-5306.