Zero Suicide Academy Application
The Oregon Zero Suicide Academy® is sponsored by the Oregon Health Authority. The deadline to apply is June 15, 2018.
Sponsoring Organization Email
Zero Suicide Academy fees and materials, as well as breakfast and lunch on September 18 and 19, will be provided by the Oregon Health Authority. Oregon Health Authority will cover costs of hotel rooms for up to four team members of participating organizations traveling more than 70 miles one-way for the nights of September 17-18. As funding allows, Oregon Health Authority will provide limited mileage scholarships based on demonstrated financial need. All other costs are not included and must be covered by participating organizations
The review committee will rate applications based on their merit in responding to this application. The review committee reserves the right to select participants who are representative of geographical and organizational diversity.
Applications will be judged using the following criteria:
- The CEO or Director’s knowledge of and commitment to the Zero Suicide initiative.
- The feasibility of the timeline and work plan.
- The organization’s plans and expectations for embedding the Zero Suicide model into care as outlined in the www.zerosuicide.com toolkit.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration among team members.
- The incorporation of persons with lived experience in leadership and planning roles.
- Commitment to participate in the Oregon Community of Practice for Better Suicide Care after the Zero Suicide Academy.
Organizations will demonstrate these criteria through their applications. The web form linked below consists of the following parts:
- A cover sheet, using the template provided on page 4. The lead applicant will receive all correspondence and must be one of the four team members.
- A letter of commitment written by the organization’s CEO or Director. The Director should review and approve the submission and agree to the strategy proposed.
- A narrative that, in two to four pages, responds to the following:
- Briefly describe the members of your team and the relevant skills, knowledge, and experience they bring to the Zero Suicide Academy™. What are your team’s goals for participating in the Zero Suicide Academy™ and what does the team hope to learn during the training?
- What successes and /or challenges have you had as a team or with other collaborative efforts?
- How do you plan to successfully embed and sustain comprehensive suicide care in your organization?
- An abstract describing the Zero Suicide initiative that your organization proposes to conduct. The abstract must include: aims, description of approach, implementation plan, and timeline drawing heavily from the www.zerosuicide.com toolkit.
The online Zero Suicide Organizational Self-Study MUST be completed online by the team prior to the Application deadline. The online Zero Suicide Organizational Self Study can be found at http://zerosuicide.sprc.org/resources/zero-suicide-organizational-self-study.
Any applicants who are unable to submit the Self-Study prior to the Application deadline should notify the contact listed below. Zero Suicide
staff will work with any sites that identify barriers to submission to ensure a site-appropriate solution.
Register for a free login to read more about the requirements for each part.
Click "Fill Out Form" below to be automatically redirected to the registration and login page.
Application materials should be submitted June 15, 2018, at 5:00 pm EST.
Only one representative Team Lead should submit on behalf of an organization.
Applicants may save their progress as they go until they are ready to submit. If, during the course of the application, an organization decides not to submit it is fine to leave the application as is. Incomplete applications will be deleted after the Academy is held.
- Application released - March 13, 2018
- Application due - June 15, 2018
- Applicants notified of their status - July 16, 2018
- Zero Suicide Academy® conducted - September 18-19, 2018
Please contact Jasmine Atkinson, EDC, at JAtkinson@edc.org or (202)572-5306.