Zero Suicide Academy Application
The Oklahoma Zero Suicide Academy is sponsored by Oklahoma Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS).
Sponsoring Organization Email
Zero Suicide Academy fees, materials, light refreshments, and lunch will be provided by the sponsor. All other costs, such as travel and lodging, are not included and must be covered by participating organizations.
The review committee will rate applications based on their merit in responding to this application. The review committee reserves the right to select participants who are representative of geographical and organizational diversity.
Applications will be judged using the following criteria:
- The CEO or Director’s knowledge of and commitment to the Zero Suicide initiative.
- The feasibility of the timeline and work plan.
- The organization’s plans and expectations for embedding the Zero Suicide model into care as outlined in the www.zerosuicide.com toolkit.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration among team members.
- The incorporation of persons with lived experience in leadership and planning roles.
Organizations will demonstrate these criteria through their applications. The web form linked below consists of the following parts:
- About the Organization. Short demographic information about organization's type, practice transformation initiatives, and size.
- Attendees to the Academy. Name and contact information of Team Lead and up to three other attendees.
- Narrative. A 2-4 page description of organization's implementation goals and strategy for Zero Suicide initiative. Upload via PDF or Word.
- Letter of Commitment. A letter of commitment written by organization's CEO or Director endorsing strategy. Upload via PDF or Word.
- Organizational Self-Study. Organizations are encouraged but not required to complete the Organizational Self-Study prior to applying.
Register for a free login to read more about the requirements for each part.
Click "Fill Out Form" below to be automatically redirected to the registration and login page.
Application materials should be submitted via the Zero Suicide Institute website by May 24th, 2018 at 5:00 pm EST.
Only one representative Team Lead should submit on behalf of an organization.
The Team Lead will have to create a new account on the website in order to submit application materials. Applicants may save their progress as they go until they are ready to submit. If, during the course of the application, an organization decides not to submit it is fine to leave the application as is. Incomplete applications will be deleted after the Academy is held.
Team Leads will be notified via email by June 1st, 2018 about their application status.
- Application released: April 30th, 2018
- Application due: May 24th, 2018
- Applicants notified of their status: June 1st, 2018
- Zero Suicide Academy conducted: June 27th-28th, 2018
Please contact Clayton Kratz, EDC, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 572-5361.