Zero Suicide Academy Application
Texas Health and Human Services Commission; Integral Care
Sponsoring Organization Email
Zero Suicide Academy fees, materials, and lunch will be provided by the sponsor. All other costs, such as travel and lodging, will be reimbursed up to $700.00 per person if traveling more than 50 miles.
All Centers completing the requested application and submitting it by the due date will be invited to participate in the academy.
The Zero Suicide Academy application consists of:
- A cover sheet, using the template provided on page 4. The lead applicant will receive all correspondence and must be one of the team members.
- A letter of commitment written by the organization’s Director. The Director should review and approve the submission and agree to the strategy proposed. (Consider this a letter of support for the SCI project and Zero Suicide at your Center)
- A narrative that, in two to four pages, responds to the following:
- Briefly describe the members of your team and the relevant skills, knowledge, and experience they bring to the Zero Suicide Academy.
Note: Zero Suicide Implementation team members should include persons who can both champion Zero Suicide with passion and have some power and influence in your system. This can include clinical directors, senior clinical staff with coordination over a certain area or department, information technology, risk management or quality improvement, person with lived experience.
- What are your team’s goals for participating in the Zero Suicide Academy™ and what does the team hope to learn during the training? (For this, we are looking for an academy vision statement. You can include what your team hopes to learn and any goals you have for the academy)
- What successes and /or challenges have you had as a team or with other collaborative efforts?
- An abstract describing how you would like to apply Zero Suicide in your organization. The abstract can include aims, description of approach, and tentative implementation plan, drawing heavily from the http://www.zerosuicide.sprc.org toolkit. The abstract should include how you plan to successfully embed and sustain comprehensive suicide care in your organization. (This is akin to your implementation plan)
- A Zero Suicide Organizational Self-Study is completed by your implementation team members. We offer two versions of the Organizational Self-Study: the General Organizational Self-Study and the Inpatient Organizational Self-Study. Organizations can choose to take one or both available Self-Studies. If you would like to review the questions before taking the survey, we offer a PDF of each version of the Self-Study. (Please submit a copy of your FY19 Form Y with your application. If you decide you have grown in your implementation in the last 6 months, consider updating your Form Y to accurately reflect your suicide care practices and submit the update with the application.)
Application materials should be submitted via the Zero Suicide Institute website by April 3, 2020 at 5:00 pm EST. You will be notified via email by April 9, 2020 about your application status.
Application released 1/13/20
Application due 4/3/20
Applicants notified of their status 4/9/20
Zero Suicide Academy conducted 5/6-7/20