Zero Suicide Academy Application
Partners for Children’s Mental Health (PCMH) was established to increase capacity, access, and quality of mental health services for the children, youth, and families of Colorado. PCMH operates as a cross-system resource, training, and implementation hub for Colorado children’s mental health stakeholders. One of PCMH’s current initiatives is to strengthen youth suicide prevention efforts in primary care by working with pediatric providers in both urban/suburban and rural/frontier communities across Colorado.
Sponsoring Organization Email
Zero Suicide Academy™ fees, materials, and lunch will be provided by the sponsor. All other costs, such as travel and lodging, should be covered by participating organizations. A limited amount of funds are available to assist with travel and lodging costs. If this assistance is needed, please contact Goldie Komaie with Partners for Children’s Mental Health at Goldie.Komaie@childrenscolorado.org
Eligibility is limited to pediatric health and behavioral health care organizations and hospitals in Colorado. Space is limited. Applicants attend with a team of 4 individuals. Teams should include at least one senior leader from the organization as well as the person(s) responsible for implementation decisions.
The review committee will rate applications based on their merit in responding to this application. The review committee reserves the right to select participants who are representative of geographical and organizational diversity. Applications will be judged using the following criteria:
- The CEO or Director’s knowledge of and commitment to the Zero Suicide initiative.
- The feasibility of the timeline and work plan.
- The organization’s plans and expectations for embedding the Zero Suicide model into care as outlined in the www.zerosuicide.com toolkit.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration among team members.
- The incorporation of persons with lived experience in leadership and planning roles.
Application materials should be submitted via the Zero Suicide Institute website by August 1st, 2019 at 5:00 pm EST. You will be notified via email no later than August 13th, 2019 about your application status.
- Application released: April 26th, 2019
- Application due: August 1st, 2019
- Applicants notified of their status: August 13th, 2019
- Zero Suicide Academy conducted: October 14th and 15th, 2019
For questions about the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the Zero Suicide Institute team. If you have questions about the Academy or Zero Suicide, contact Jennifer Myers at email@example.com. If you have questions for Partners for Children’s Mental Health, please contact Shi Coleman at Shi.Coleman@childrenscolorado.org