Zero Suicide Academy Application
The Indiana Zero Suicide Academy is sponsored by Community Health Network (CHNw) and the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction (DMHA).
Sponsoring Organization Email
Funding for this training was made possible by the CHNw Zero Suicides for Indiana Youth grant number SM-061768 from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). The intent of this funding is for the state-wide dissemination of Zero Suicide initiatives
Zero Suicide Academy materials are provided at no charge to organizations selected to participate. All other costs, such as travel, food, and lodging, are the responsibility of the participating organizations.
Selection Criteria: The review committee will rate applications based on their merit in responding to and providing a complete application. The review committee reserves the right to select participants who are representative of geographical and organizational diversity.
Applications will be rated using the following criteria:
- Commitment: Letter of commitment; identification of appropriate Implementation Team members to attend the Academy; and pre-approved funding for travel, lodging and per diem. (25 points)
- Readiness: Demonstrated success of integrating collaborative models within your health system/organization; completion of organizational self-study. (30 points)
- Implementation and Sustainability Plan: Understanding of what it will take to adopt and implement a Zero Suicide initiative, including anticipating challenges. (25 points)
- Goals: Articulated realistic and feasible goals for attending the Academy participation at the Academy will clearly launch the initiative. (20 points)
Organizations will demonstrate these criteria through their applications. The web form linked below consists of the following parts:
- A cover sheet, using the template provided on page 4. The lead applicant will receive all correspondence and must be one of the four team members.
- A letter of commitment written by the organization’s CEO or Director. The Director should review and approve the submission and agree to the strategy proposed.
- A narrative that, in two to four pages, responds to the following:
- Briefly describe the members of your team and the relevant skills, knowledge, and experience they bring to the Zero Suicide Academy™. What are your team’s goals for participating in the Zero Suicide Academy™ and what does the team hope to learn during the training?
- What successes and /or challenges have you had as a team or with other collaborative efforts?
- How do you plan to successfully embed and sustain comprehensive suicide care in your organization?
- An abstract describing the Zero Suicide initiative that your organization proposes to conduct. The abstract must include: aims, description of approach, implementation plan, and timeline drawing heavily from the www.zerosuicide.com toolkit.
The online Zero Suicide Organizational Self-Study MUST be completed online by the team prior to submitting the Application. The online Zero Suicide Organizational Self Study can be found at http://zerosuicide.sprc.org/resources/zero-suicide-organizational-self-study.
Any applicants who are unable to submit the Self-Study prior to Application submission will be expected to submit it prior to the start of the
Academy. Zero Suicide staff will work with any sites that identify barriers to submission to ensure a site-appropriate solution.
Register for a free login to read more about the requirements for each part.
Click "Fill Out Form" below to be automatically redirected to the registration and login page.
July 16, 2018
All application materials must be submitted via the website. Applicants may save their progress as they go until they are ready to submit. If, during the course of the application, an organization decides not to submit it is fine to leave the application as is. Incomplete applications will be deleted after the Academy is held.
Notification of application decisions and status will be provided via email by June 8, 2018.
- Application release date: April 17, 2018
- Application Q&A: April 30, 2018 4-5pm EST
- 317-621-9329 Local Indianapolis
- Meeting Number 591 596 942
- 317-621-9329 Local Indianapolis
- Application Due: July 16, 2018
- Notification of application: July, 2018
- Zero Suicide Academy: July 25 and 26, 2018
Contact Jasmine Atkinson, EDC, at JAtkinson@edc.org.