Authorized AMSR Trainers
Join more than 300 trainers nationwide in helping behavioral health professionals feel confident navigating challenging situations and delivering the latest research-informed care to individuals at risk for suicide.
Assessing and Managing Suicide Risk (AMSR) trainers are authorized to train behavioral health professionals in one or more curricula based on the AMSR risk formulation model. AMSR trainers go on to administer valuable training within their organizations and are eligible to earn fees for leading trainings outside their organization.
Benefits for AMSR Trainers:
- Return to your organization ready to train staff in research-informed suicide care practices
- Eligible to earn training fees for leading AMSR trainings outside your organization
- 6.5 hours of curriculum-specific continuing education credits
Become an AMSR Trainer
To become an authorized AMSR trainer, qualified participants first attend a New Leader Traning (NLT), where experienced AMSR master trainers demonstrate expert facilitation and provide new leaders with the opportunity to practice and receive feedback on key aspects of AMSR curricula. New leaders leave the NLT ready to deliver their first training.
Please review the following instructions:
- Determine if you meet the eligibility requirements
- Master’s degree or higher in a behavioral health profession
- Current state license or certification to practice, as demonstrated by a copy or image of current license
- Five or more years’ experience as a practicing clinician post-licensing or certification
- Demonstrated in-person group training skills
- May require a letter of recommendation from a current supervisor, specifically describing the applicant's suitability to become an authorized AMSR Trainer and availability to lead AMSR trainings
- Attend New Leader Training
- New Leader Trainings are often scheduled by state or specific organization for a particular audience. In special instances, spots are open for external participants. Upcoming NLT opportunities are listed here. Kindly contact us if you would like to be informed of future AMSR NLTs in your area.
- The current fee to attend a New Leader Training (NLT) is $1,200-$1,800 depending on the sponsor and curriculum. The attendee arranges travel, lodging, and meals.