Zero Suicide Academy Application
Virginia Department of Health
Sponsoring Organization Email
Applicants are to attend the Zero Suicide Academy with a team of 4 individuals including the person identified as the lead for the system's Zero Suicide initiative. Recommendations for team composition include:
Person(s) responsible and with authority for implementation decisions (e.g. Medical Doctor, CIO, ED, BH Director, or IT).
- At least one senior leader/management (irrespective or discipline area).
- At least one person who manages your electronic health records (EHR) system, quality improvement, or risk management.
- At least one person (e.g., case manager, psychologist, social worker, nurse, other) who provides care to patients daily.
All organizations wishing to be considered for the Zero Suicide Academy will submit the application by the due date.
The Zero Suicide Academy application consists of:
1. A letter of commitment written by the organization's CEO/Senior Executive Leader. The CEO/Senior Executive Leader should review and approve the submission and agree to the strategy proposed.
2. A narrative that, in two to four pages, responds to the following:
a.) Briefly describe the members of your Zero Suicide implementation team and their relevant skills, knowledge, and experience.
b.) What are your team's goals for participating in the Zero Suicide Academy and what does the team hope to learn during the training?
Note: Zero Suicide implementation team members should include persons who can both champion Zero Suicide with passion and those who have some power and influence in your system. This can include clinical directors, senior clinical staff with coordination over a certain area or department, information technology, risk management or quality improvement, or person with lived experience.
A Zero Suicide Organizational Self-Study is to be completed by your implementation team members, along with your application.
June 25, 2021 @ 6:00pm