Zero Suicide Academy Application
DuPage County Health Department
Sponsoring Organization Email
Zero Suicide Academy fees and materials will be provided by the sponsor. All other costs, such as technology equipment, are not included and must be covered by participating organizations.
Applicants are to come with a team of 4 individuals including the person identified as the lead for the system’s Zero Suicide initiative. Recommendations for team composition include:
Person(s) responsible and with authority for implementation decisions (e.g. Medical Doctor, CIO, ED, BH Director, or IT).
- At least one senior leader/management (irrespective of discipline area).
- At least one person who manages your electronic health records (EHR) system, quality improvement, or risk management.
- At least one person (e.g., case manager, psychologist, social worker, nurse, other) who provides care to patients daily.
Participation is by invitation only. If interested and a health/behavioral healthcare provider in DuPage County IL, please contact Betsy Boesch at 630-221-3611 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Zero Suicide Academy application consists of:
- A cover sheet, using the template provided. The lead applicant will receive all correspondence and must be one of the four team members.
- A letter of commitment written by the organization’s Director. The Director should review and approve the submission and agree to the strategy proposed.
- A narrative that, in two to four pages, responds to the following:
- Briefly describe the members of your team and the relevant skills, knowledge, and experience they bring to the Zero Suicide Academy.
Note: Zero Suicide Implementation team members should include persons who can both champion Zero Suicide with passion and have some power and influence in your system. This can include clinical directors, senior clinical staff with coordination over a certain area or department, information technology, risk management or quality improvement, person with lived experience. (optional)
- What are your team’s goals for participating in the Zero Suicide Academy™ and what does the team hope to learn during the training? (required)
- What successes and /or challenges have you had as a team or with other collaborative efforts? (required)
- An abstract describing how you would like to apply Zero Suicide in your organization. The abstract can include aims, description of approach, and tentative implementation plan, drawing heavily from the http://www.zerosuicide.sprc.org toolkit. The abstract should include how you plan to successfully embed and sustain comprehensive suicide care in your organization. (optional)
- A Zero Suicide Organizational Self-Study, completed by the team members. The Self-Study can be found at http://zerosuicide.sprc.org/resources/zero-suicide-organizational-self-study. (required)
Application materials should be submitted via the Zero Suicide Institute website by August 28, 2020 at 5:00 pm CST.
Application released | May 26, 2020
Application due | Extended to Sept. 16, 2020
Notification of Receipt of Application | September 4, 2020
Zero Suicide Academy conducted | September 22-23, 2020 8:30 a.m. CT log-in Academy 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT daily
For application questions or issues: email@example.com